RIBA WORK STAGES
RIBA Work Stage 1 - Measured Survey
• Undertake full measured and photographic survey, and co-ordinate any other surveys, if required. This is normally undertaken by ourselves, for large or complex projects this may need to be out-sourced. If this is required we will co-ordinate alternative quotes).
• Prepare drawings of existing plans and elevations in CAD
RIBA Work Stage 2 - Concept Design (20% of fee)
• Prepare 3d CAD model of existing based on the above
• Prepare sketch drawings for discussion, showing alternative proposals.
• Develop a written brief
• Meet with clients to discuss options.
• Develop favoured option in 3D CAD model
RIBA Work Stage 3 - Developed design, Planning Application (25% of fee)
• Advise on the selection of structural engineer
• Advise on the client’s requirements in respect of the party wall act and selection pf party wall surveyor (if required)
• Advise on methods of procurement and the selection of a contractor
• Conduct meetings with you, the client to discuss and agree refinement to developed design
• Provide information to structural engineer to co-ordinate design
• Sign off developed design drawings. Any layout changes made by the client after this stage would be charged at an hourly rate.
• Submit pre-planning application (if required)
• Submit Planning Application, comprising: site location plan; block plan; plans and elevations of existing; plans and elevations as proposed; design and access statement; prepare appropriate forms and notices; submit on-line. (please note: we cannot reasonably anticipate any additional information that may be requested by the local Planning Authority; or any conditions, any additional information or discharge of conditions will be charged on a timecharge basis).
RIBA Work Stage 4 - Technical Design (40% of fee)
• Conduct meetings with you, client to further agree types of finishes, materials, fittings etc.
• Co-ordinate information from structural engineer
• Provide information to party wall surveyor to comprise party wall award and/or notices (if required)
• Prepare a specification for the works
• Prepare a scope of works document
• Prepare detailed drawings, including: demolition drawings; drainage schematic; general arrangement plans and elevations; finishes drawings; services drawings including lighting; details as appropriate
• Prepare package of information for building regulations (either full plans application or building notice, which ever is most appropriate)
• Issue information for tender(s) to be obtained
• Review information from tender(s) and report
• Co-ordinate with contractor in preparation of budget cost checks.
RIBA Work Stages 5, 6, 7 Construction: (15% of fee)
• Co-ordinate with the contractor agreeing contract dates
• Explain to you, the client, your responsibilities in respect of the building contract
• Issue and administer the terms of the building contract to practical completion
• Visit the site to see that the work is proceeding generally in accordance with contract
• Handover and conclusion of building contract
• Post occupancy evaluation
RIBA Work Stage 0 - Pre Application Discussions, Initial Considerations, Strategic Brief
• Definition of project: Investigating the art of the possible.
• Budget discussion and budget setting.